Goodbye PattyPan

 


Well I finally cut out and pulled my pattypan that took over I would say 70% of this garden bed and totally suprised me. I know next year to plant them differently for sure! But I'll have some good space to clear up for a few fall crops for sure.

The Red Ripper beans are growing great and I maybe will get a few cups of dried beans for soups this winter. It sure takes a ton of space to grow beans for a couple cups of dried beans. 

I wish my hubby liked green beans, because I sure do. I have a lot of noodle beans for myself and i'll plant a few bush beans for fall this week. 

I still have a lot of unworked space in this garden and 99% I stink at controlling the weeds. the cardboard didn't keep them out, or it grew on the wood chips or through it all, but it's a jungle that I really need help with and a better plan for next year.



How do you know when watermelons are ready to pick? I've heard about the dried out tendrils, that tells you they are done. I have two varieties too. These crimson sweets are pretty big, the moon and star variety is still growing. I have one larger round and a smaller one. I found a few babies on each but the vines are looking rough I'm not sure about that all. 1st time watermelon grower.

 These crimson sweets are pretty big, the moon and star variety is still growing. I have one larger round and a smaller one. I found a few babies on each but the vines are looking rough I'm not sure about that all. 1st time watermelon grower. I'm still getting a bunch of zucchini and a bit of this or that everyday. 









Comments

Popular Posts