Bookmarks
My husband is a pastor, so he is always reading, studying, and working his way through books for seminary. Recently, he asked me to paint a few bookmarks for him, and I absolutely loved the request.
Lately, having a purpose behind what I create has been much more motivating than simply creating for the sake of it. Knowing that these little paintings will be tucked inside the books he studies makes them feel even more special.
Landscapes are his favorite, so choosing subjects for his bookmarks was easy. I personally love painting florals, though, and the blossoming tree was especially fun to create. Once I add a wax seal tonight, they will be ready for him to use.
Of course, he has already requested another four or five so he can mark different places in his hymnal on Sundays. Apparently, I may now have a never-ending supply of bookmark requests in my painting future... and honestly, I do not mind one bit :p

Comments
Post a Comment