BLTs


 This is Summer. Fresh tomato sandwich on sourdough and farm fresh eggs from my hens on the side! Can't say I grew the lettuce , it's been too hot for my lettuce this summer. But a BLT is Mmmm Summer to me. 

I picked up a tomato plant at a nursery this past May with my daughter and her fiance. They were 1.50 so cheap and looked very healthy. 

So I bought a slicer and a Sweet Cherry since I didn't have time to start seeds yet back then. and well I have no idea what variety tomato this is, but it's amazing on a sandwich. 

I hope I get many more as I saw a good 4-5 ripening on the vine yet last night when I checked.  I know with the crazy hot weather this week and rain downpours here and there, I'm surprised they didn't split or crack. I'm just thankful for this moment.



Comments

Popular Posts