Mighty Mice

I was lucky enough to get to spend most all of fall break with my grandson this past week. He is full of ideas and crafts he wants to do. 


He admired the mushrooms I felted and has been asking to try to do it himself. I worry because felting is stabbing thick needles with a very sharp hooked end into wool and the thought of him hurting himself made me very nervous. 


After going over the basics and him understanding he wanted to make a mouse. So here he is, mousey! Mousey was cute and squeaky and wanted a family, so he made him another mouse, who then had three babies, as mice usually do! He did very well for his first attempt. How fun! 



He also wanted to carve a pumpkin face into this perfect pumpkin he found at the grocery. How could I resist, we talked about harvesting in the fall and growing season, gourds, and growing pumpkins. We talked about the seeds and then cleaned and roasted them with smoked paprika, garlic and salt.  
This pumpkin is smiling because he's happy to say it was a great year for pumpkins in TN! 



Comments

Popular Posts