First Longarm Finish


Finally I finished something on my longarm! I got it a few months ago yes, but I've been extra intimidated with using it.   


When I first loaded the sample quilt on I was missing stitches and the free motion of quilting circles isn't smooth, I keep thinking with practice it will get better.

I honestly think something is off but I'm determined to make it work.

So I loaded up this ugly table runner I made with some 2 1/2 inch charm squares and leftover fabric with this wood-like print and practiced free motion quilting on it. I will say, I feel as if I finally have the tension figured out and it's much smoother having done all that practicing on it.

I think quilting this I'm ready to load up a real quilt top and just quilt it. I have so many flimpsy tops that need quilting, I need to get over this fear and just know I'm going to get better and better the more I quilt.

P.S. I don't know, after quilting it and putting the darker brown binding on this table runner I actually think it's not too bad. I put it on my dresser in my bedroom for now and it's kinda cozy!

Comments

Popular Posts