Good Fortune Clue #2 Complete

Yay! I'm keeping up so far so great with the mystery quilt I started after Thanksgiving. Follow this link to Bonnie Hunter's Link Up Page to see her page filled with everyone else's clues. I bought this little iron a few weeks ago for next to nothing with a coupon at Joann's and made this little pressing board that has been just perfect for pressing all these half square and 4 patch parts so far.


I'm using a single blue batik for my mystery since I really didn't have a stash of blue at all and I just couldn't find a group of blues I liked at my LQS, so when I saw this batik I thought it was perfect and I really like it. This is my first mystery and I don't have a huge stash just yet having only made 5 or 6 quilt tops. I'm sure that number will grow as will the scrappiness of future quilts

Just look at all those dog ears, they did make a pretty art piece and I thought after I should have kept them to let my grandson make something from them all. This heart makes me think I love these, but I in fact just love that I am done with that part of the clue haha.

So when I counted out all the complete HST for the clue I was ONE short, just one! I laughed and thought well I guess I get to try the magic 8 methods too just to have a few leftovers as well. I love the 20 at a time way and have been pleasantly surprised that I'm keeping up with this mystery! Love this journey so far! Thanks, Bonnie!

Going to share a photo of my Thanksgiving Cactus that just started blooming this week as well. this was a rescue from Kroger floral department 2 1/2 years ago for 99 cents, it's grown so much I had to divide and repot it into 2 plants now and its blooms are so beautiful! 22 days until Christmas! Go ahead and Click Here to get back to my main page.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts